Friday, September 11, 2009

Counting my blessings


I haven't done a great job at keeping track of what I am thankful for everyday . I think of things then I don't write them down. A few things I do remember from the past week...



I am thankful for my job. I am blessed to have work, to be able to work with such great people, and to have all the benefits that go along with this job (free school!). I know there are so many people out there that are out of work and struggling to make ends meet and provide for their families. Skeet and I are very blessed to have our jobs and know that we are secure.






I am thankful for soft, cool grass. I was leaving my Spanish class the other day and my shoes were killing me. So I took a detour and walked barefoot across the grass. It felt so heavenly. It's those little things that we take for granted that, when you think about it, make life bearable. It's corny... I know that.




I am so blessed to have a home, that is mine (well really the bank's but we like to pretend it's ours). I always complain about how small our house is but honestly, I love it. When I think about having to sell it I want to cry. So I hope I don't have to anytime soon. It is a cute house and we got a killer deal on it. Plus, it's not so bad now that we have a big ( and I mean huge ) patch of grass in the back yard. It sits on a half acre of land and if we had the time and money we could have a beautiful yard. But for now, I am just so glad that we have a roof over our heads and a warm bed to sleep in.




Can I tell you how much I love my dog? She is a lifesaver! She keeps me sane when I have to spend nights alone. She doesn't ever talk back and she is always happy to see me. She is so forgiving and so gentle. We couldn't ask for a better dog, seriously I think we got the best one out there! So I am thankful that we were blessed with such a sweet puppy. She's five now but she will always be my puppy. I love her!!




I only have time for one more... and I saved the best for last.


I am so thankful for little Ayden. He is such a funny kid. I just loved having him here. He made me laugh and I instantly felt better every time he was around. He is so good at giving hugs and kisses and always seemed happy to see me. I miss him and his funny jokes like "Why did the dog cross the road?" "Cause he Pooooped in his Paaaants" So cute!! He will be 3 next month and I can't believe how fast he is growing up. I wish they lived closer so that I could see him more often.

This is my favorite picture of him.

*Note* I am thankful for all my nieces and nephews but I wanted to do them each separately...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I found you on the blog post on baby center and was reading your post. :) So many times all we focus on is the negative especially when we have lost a child that we forget that there are great things in our lives that we take for granted. Thank you for this post and reminding me that as sad as I may feel right now, I do have things to be grateful for. :)

Lindsay Logic said...

This is going to sound so stupid, but the other day I was doing my nails (late at night) and turned the tv onto TLC and it was some sort of reality show where they had embarassing medical conditions. After watching it, I felt so ungrateful for not being more appreciative of the positive aspects in my life. We truly due take the little things for granted. This is a cute post!

Lindsay Logic said...

Whoa, and I really do know how to use "do" properly. It's been a long day. lol

The Schexnayders said...

Little Ayden loves his Aunt Candi too!

Hua said...

Hi Candi,

What a beautiful post. It's always nice to take a moment back and think of what we're thankful for.
I found your blog while searching for the best information on Pregnancy & Fertility. I think your blog is very helpful and believe that you could reach even more people if you joined Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN is comprised of over 2,600 of the web's best health writers and their content is read by over 6 million visitors a month at Wellsphere.com.

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.


Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks

Miche said...

Great post! We all need to remember the things we are thankful for during the good times and the bad. You are still in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs!