Monday, August 31, 2009

Blessings

So my mom thinks that my blog is a little bit depressing lately... I would have to agree. So we made a deal, she is going to keep a blessing (or "things I am thankful for") journal and I am going to use my blog for the same. I won't update daily but will keep a journal and then once or twice a week update my blog. So... starting today I am going to think of one thing a day that I am thankful for. I know I have been blessed in so many ways and I need to stop focusing on the less than happy things that have been happening lately and start focusing on how very fortunate I am.

So to start things off....

Today, I am thankful for.... My Mom. For this wonderful idea but also for all that she does for me. She listens to all my rants. She laughs with me and she cries with me. She keeps me grounded when I start to let things get to me. She is an amazing mom and the bestest friend. I love her so much and I am so glad that I am her daughter and that we have such a good relationship. Thank you Mom!!

4 comments:

Lindsay Logic said...

I think that's a great idea, but you can still vent whenever you need to. :) Your Mom sounds like a wonderful person!

NEILANDSHALON said...

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! YOUR MOM IS SO AMAZING-- I LOVE HER!!! I THINK IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME IF EVERYONE TOOK A LITTLE MORE TIME TO COUNT THEIR BLESSINGS!! I AM GOING TO TRY TO DO THIS WITH YOU GUYS TOO!!!

LOVE YOUR GUTS!!! =)

Mandy said...

I think this a great idea also! What a great idea Candi's mom. I agree with Lindsay, our lives aren't perfect and sometimes we need a place to vent and let go of all of our frustrations. So if you need to do that it is o.k. with us. We love you know matter what!

The Schexnayders said...

I love the "Count your blessings" I think its a healthy thing to do in a time of trial. Mom is a wonderful woman! I really miss seeing her every day.