Tuesday, September 27, 2011

8 Years and 5 Months

8 years ago today I married my best friend, my dream guy, my rock, my everything, my Skeeter!!  Words cannot express how much I love and appreciate this man!  He is an amazing husband and father and is more to me than I could have ever dared to imagine.  My wedding may not have been exactly what I wanted it to be but I have learned over the years that, even though weddings are fun, it is the marriage that matters the most.  Skeet and I have an awesome marriage.  We rarely fight.  We don't sweat the small stuff.  We know how to appreciate each other (I think this is because he is gone so much).  Our marriage has survived some pretty stressful stuff and what might normally tear people apart, has brought us so much closer together.  Together we have a deeper appreciation for family and especially for our children.  We might not have everything we think we want but we have what is important and we realize that.  I couldn't have picked a better person to experience life with and I am so glad that he picked me! 


Skeeter, Thank you for being the man that you are!  I don't know how I would survive without you.  You are my everything and I love you more every day.  I am the luckiest lady ever to have found someone as handsome, thoughtful, sweet, smart and sexy as you!  Thank you for being an awesome daddy to Sawyer and Avery too!  They are so lucky to have you!



Guess who is 5 months today?  Yep that's right... my smiley little cutie has been making our lives bright and well.. pretty much perfect for the last 5 months!  I can't believe how fast they have flown by and how big he has gotten!  I weighed him this weekend and he has hit 16 pounds and I am pretty sure he is 27 inches by now.  He gets so big every day!!  Skeet couldn't believe how big he got in just 2 weeks!  He has turned our world upside down and we are loving every second of it! 

Sawyer is in size 3 diapers and is mostly in 6-9 month size clothes.  He can still wear some 3-6 month and even 0-3 month pants because his legs are shorter and his waist is skinny.  He has a crazy long torso though so he grows out of footed jammies and onsies really quick! 

For the last 3 weeks Sawyer has been eating rice cereal and he has recently started oatmeal which he loves!!  We are thinking we might try some sweet potatoes next but I am not in a hurry because I feel like he is growing up to fast and I can maybe control it a little if he doesn't get to eat big boy food! 

I have seen Sawyer roll from his back to his tummy multiple times but his tummy to back only twice about a a month ago, but yesterday I learned that he rolls from his tummy to his back all the time at the babysitter.  Not sure why he does it there and not at home but as long as he's doing it, I am okay.  He is getting really good at sitting up and I think by 6 months he will have it down for sure.

He loves his jumper and his legs are getting so strong because of all the time he spends in there. I think he may be an early stander/walker because of this.  He loves to stand up on our laps and can do so for a few minutes with just barely any support.

He is still a cuddle bug and loves his mommy and daddy the most.  Especially daddy, he always has a smile and a giggle for his dad. 

He has yet to sleep through the night but has had a few nights recently that he's only woken up once.  Mom on the other hand wakes up all night long to check on him.  I am not sure I'll be able to stop doing that. I am much too paranoid.  He is even getting good at putting himself to sleep.  I know that his babysitter has been making him do it at her house so I tried it over the weekend and even last night and he's been doing pretty good.  Last night he didn't even cry when I put him down... just looked around for a little bit and eventually fell asleep (thank goodness for video monitor, don't know if I would survive without it).  However, his favorite place to sleep is still next to mommy.  He will be half asleep and have to reach out and grab mommy's face to make sure she's still there. 

He is getting to where he grabs at everything.  Especially if mommy is holding it.  Then he really wants it.  I think it's the cutest thing ever!  Honestly, I find everything that this little man does cute, even his poops and burps are cute to me.  I just love him so much!!

Sawyer still loves story time and his favorite book is "Itsy Bitsy Spider" by Kate Toms.  He loves this book and is always trying to grab the spider on the front cover.  I don't know if any of you have seen it but this book has the most adorable illustrations and I wish they sold a spider that looked like this one because I would buy it for him in a heartbeat! If I was more crafty I might try to make it for him!

We fall more in love with this little guy every day!  I am loving being his mom and I pretty much think he is the best and cutest little thing ever! I am such a lucky mommy!!

2 comments:

Inklings said...

I thought you had a beautiful wedding, and I am glad you two found each other. And now you have a beautiful baby, too, which makes it even better.

NEILANDSHALON said...

I LOVE YOUR **MOST AWESOMEST** FAMILY SO MUCH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! =)