Friday, September 2, 2011

Hmm... Basketball Scholarship Here We COME!

Mr. Sawyer did great at his 4 month check up today!!  Our little basketball star is 26.5 inches long (92nd percentile) and 14 pounds 11 ounces (42nd percentile).  I can't believe how fast he is growing and how incredibly tall he is!!!  He's just a tall and skinny guy!
I was so worried about his shots but he really did so good. I was able to distract him for the first part and when he did figure out that they were hurting him he only cried for a second.  He's been all smiles since.  I hope it stays this way and he doesn't have any bad side effects from the vaccinations. He was such a good boy for Dr. N too... smiling at him while he was checking his ears and his nose.  I am still trying to decide if we are going to wait a while to start cereal or if we are going to give it a try soon.  He seems very ready to start solids but I am not sure I am ready for it.  I guess I'll take a couple days to think about it before I decide. 

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

I don't think there is a big rush at his age to start solids. We are waiting until Nash is 5 months to start him on rice cereal and then we won't have him eat anything else for at least another month. I don't think they actually NEED to have anything but breastmilk until they're like 6 months.

Great job on keeping up the pumping. I know it's not easy...with Calina I pumped until she was 1 year and then I still breastfed her at nights before bed for a few more months. Nothing better than snuggling with my babies after a day at work, in my opinion! It makes all the pumping so worth it.