Tuesday, August 30, 2011

4 Months

Our little miracle man is already 4 months old! I know I say it every month, but I can't believe how time is flying!  We fall more in love with Sawyer every day.  He is such a sweet little baby and everyone adores him!  I am really having a hard time with the fact that he is growing up so fast and is getting so big!!  I swear sometimes when he looks at me he doesn't look like a baby anymore!  He gets these expressions that make him look much older than he is. 

Lately we have had some interesting stuff happen, aside from his premature (in my opinion) teething that is.  Last week we started at a new daycare.  I think he was really starting to love his other sitter but she had some things and we had some things and we just decided that we would try out another daycare facility.  He adjusted quickly and has been doing great!  We love the new daycare and the 3 ladies that work there are awesome!  I love to see all the happy kids when I drop him off and pick him up.  I really think he likes it there too, especially because he gets to watch all the other kids play.  It is out of some one's home but it is very structured and they have a very strict "no sick kids" policy which really helped seal the deal for Skeet and I. 

This weekend Sawyer started rolling over.  He has rolled from his back to his stomach and from his stomach to his back.  He doesn't do it all the time though and refuses to do it if I have a camera pointed at him and turned on!.  I guess I need to start watching him more closely now.  Gone are the days when we could set him on the bed, changing table, etc and walk away for a second.  We are also going to have to stop putting his bouncy chair on the coffee table, although I have never seen him even try to roll over while in it.  I don't want to take any chances.  We really need to buy a rug for the living room so that we can let him hang out on the floor in there.  I really didn't think that I was going to have a baby when I chose to put the wood throughout the living room and kitchen.  I think if I could do it over again I would have done tile and carpet... as much as I hate carpet. 

Sawyer has officially Skyped!  Daddy went to Montana for work (ended up being a waste of time but that's another post) and before he left we caved and bought him a new iPhone so that he could video chat with us when he had service.  Luckily Daddy was in a motel the entire 4 days he was gone (he was supposed to be out 2 weeks) and had a good WiFi connection so we were able to Skype with him every night.  Sawyer wasn't really sure what to think but I think Daddy was really happy to see his boy!  Some days I hate technology but most days I just think it's amazing how far we've come. 

I have been back to work for almost 2 months now (boo!) and am still exclusively breastfeeding.  This is something I am pretty proud of.  It's not easy.  I am sure my boss is hating it.  I pump every day, three times a day.  The first pump in the morning takes about 30 minutes and then the next two are about 15-20 minutes each.  So that is an hour or so every day that is spent in a little back office pumping instead of at my desk.  I can't tell you how grateful I am to have a job that allows me to do this so that Sawyer can keep nursing.  I would like to continue nursing him until he's a year old but we will see how it goes.  I have heard that some babies lose interest after they start solids, and I hope that's not the case with us but at the same time it would make weaning easier! Sawyer has become a boob snob and will only eat from the left side if he is half asleep or starving.  It gets to be quite uncomfortable on the weekends because I pump all week from that side so to have him not take it on the weekends... well lets just say it gets a little full and a lot uncomfortable!

Sawyer has his 4 month check up this week, with shots and all, so I will do another post with his stats.  However, since I don't have stats I'll just say that I know my little man is very tall for his age.  He is wearing mostly 6-9 (some 12) month clothes though he does fit in a few 3-6 month onsies, it just depends on the brand.  His PJ's have to be 6-9 because he is so tall!  He is still in size 2 diapers but they are getting too small and I think after I finish the pack of diapers I have I'll be buying size 3. 

He is smiling and laughing so much more now and is still a little cuddle bug.  He loves to sit up so he can see what is going on and thinks it's so funny when he pees on you or himself!  His changing table is still his favorite place in the house.  He still loves bath time with Daddy.  We think he's going to be a little fish but have yet to take him swimming.  I hope that we will get to soon.

I am still in awe of him every second.  I admit, there are times that I wish he would just take a nap so that I can rest, but then 20 or 30 minutes into his nap I am missing him so much I have to keep myself from waking him up. I can't keep track of how many times a day his dad or I say how dang cute he is.  I think we still can't believe we are so lucky to call him ours!  His smiles melt our hearts and his cries are even cute!  Although he can get just about anything when he tears up. It breaks our hearts!  I am loving every second of being a mom. For so long I would hear friends talk about mom things that they were doing and I would always hope that some day I would get to do that and now I finally am!!  I can't tell you how happy it makes me to change a diaper, pack a diaper bag, lug around a car seat, even get drooled on, peed on or spit up on ( you noticed I left out pooped on?  I think that would be pushing it).  I am trying every day to remember all the little things because I know that they were once things that I never thought I would get the chance to do.  Being a mom is the most amazing thing and being Sawyer's mom, well that is better than I ever imagined it could be.  I feel like the luckiest woman ever!! If you asked his dad, he'd probably tell you something similar ( just not so mushy).  We are changed forever and we are loving every second of it!

Anyway, back to Sawyer... He loves story time and gets so excited when we pull books out and open them up in front of him.  His favorite songs are still "You Are My Sunshine" and "I Am A Child of God" which I sing to him every night before bed... mostly because I don't know many other songs.  I have tried to sing "Letter from Avery" to him but hearing my voice singing it just doesn't do it justice after hearing Mari sing it.  I just need to break out the iPod and play it for him more now that he's older.  I do talk to him about Avery frequently though and we look at her picture a lot.  I want him to grow up knowing who she is and how special she is to us.  He's so good at grabbing things and pulling them to his mouth.  He drools all over everything right now and, of course, I just think that it's cute!  I have no problem with kissing him right on the mouth and coming away completely slimed.  Especially because he thinks it's so funny when momma kisses him! 

The last 4 months have been the best of my life. I feel so lucky to be me and to be Sawyer and Avery's mom.  I don't know what I did to deserve such blessings but I will take them and I will try to be grateful for every second!  Now I will leave you with more pictures of my cutie pie!
Playing on his activity mat

Telling Daddy about his day

This is mom's attempt to get his smiles on camera, I think our camera is too slow.

Tummy time.  He's warming up to it...

All bathed and ready for bed!

snoozing on momma's bed...

More smiles (sort of)


He loves his elephant.  He thinks it's great when the elephant gives him kisses.  Then, if you leave the elephant on him he'll grab it and do this.  I love this little guy so much!!

1 comment:

MINDY SAVAGE and Kids said...

What a cute little man. They sure grow up FAST!!!! My big guy will be 1 next month and I feel like I blinked and have missed most of this last year. I'm so happy for you guys.