Friday, May 6, 2011

1 Week

I can't believe my little man is already a week old (I know this post is a couple of days late).  He is already growing up much faster than I am comfortable with.  I guess when your days are filled with feedings every 3 hours, sleeping in between and a lot of visits from all of his many admirers, the days pass pretty quickly. 

What we know about our little Sawyer so far:

He HATES having his diaper changed, which sucks for him cause he is constantly pooing!!
He LOVES having his hair washed.  Especially when Daddy does it!
He is very tall and very skinny and mom has a hard time finding clothes that fit him.
He LOVES to eat and sleeps hard when he sleeps.  Unfortunately for mom though, he has his days and nights mixed up.  He could sleep all day and stay up all night.  I don't get much sleep but I am not complaining at all... I am just so grateful to have a sweet boy to cuddle with all night.  Actually, he's not that bad... he just likes to eat every two hours at night so I only get to sleep in one hour increments.
He LOVES to have daddy read to him and his favorite song is "I Am A Child of God". 
He hates being put into his car seat but loves to go for rides in the car. 
He hates it when mom dresses him, or undresses him. 
He makes the cutest noises and pulls the craziest faces.
He hates being burped and mom is starting to suspect that she isn't that good at it.  He only burbs half of the time and he rarely spits up.

As of Monday, he weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces and was 21 inches long.  He is in the 85th percentile for height and only the 35th for weight. 

On Wednesday, at 8 days old, his umbilical cord fell off. 

His jaundice is slowly clearing up. 

He really is such a sweet little boy and he loves to cuddle.  When he's really hungry he'll give mommy kisses on the cheek, which I love of course.  He gets cuter and cuter every day too.  Skeet and I are head over heels for this little boy.  I think the only way I could be happier is if his big sister were here as well.  We know that she is watching over him though and that brings us such great comfort.  I still feel like it is all a dream and I am going to wake up any second.  I can't believe I am so lucky! 










6 comments:

Jen said...

Sawyer is just precious! I loved all the pics! You're going to learn so many things about him as the weeks go by and everything will amaze you! I still have something new to oogle over and brag about every single day and I'm 18 months in :)

Lightning Strikes said...

Candi he's sooooo cute!!!! Love him! I absolutely love the picture of Skeet holding him and reading! So happy for you guys!

Lindsay Logic said...

These pics are absolutely adorable! I'm so happy for you guys! I haven't had access to social media where I'm working right now, so I am completely out of the loop! :)

Unknown said...

Sawyer is adorable!

I am sure you may already have plans for this but I wanted to let you know about this awesome thing John and Sherry did with their daughters first year...weekly pictures...every Friday they did a picture and I wish I had thought to do this with my son.

You can check out the great pics at www.younghouselove.com.

If I was able to have another baby I would be doing a variation of this for sure.

Jason and Michele said...

Been thinking about you tons! I hope you've been able to settle into a routine and relax and enjoy every moment of him. My miracle baby is 3 now and just as recently as last week, I thought to myself..."Is this real? Was I really able to be pregnant and give birth TWICE" Get used to that feeling. Hope all is well!!

diana said...

Have been lurking for the last years.
That's a beauty of a boy that you have, but we all know that you, as two beautiful people, make beautiful babies! Congratulations! I don't know many people who deserve happiness more than you two do. I am glad you have him...