Tuesday, November 23, 2010
The ultrasound today showed that the "pocket" of fluid, or whatever it is, has expanded toward the baby. If it continues to do so it could open my cervix. As of right now the outer part of my cervix is still very closed but only measuring about 22 mm. They like to see it stay above 25 mm. Because I carried Avery to 32 weeks we don't have any reason to believe that I have an incompetent cervix but Dr. S doesn't want to take any chances with this pregnancy. He believes that we will probably have to do the cerclage after all. He believes it is an extreme measure in my case but we both believe that it is better to be safe than sorry. We didn't schedule it just yet though. For right now I will be on "bed rest", or staying off of my feet as much as possible, until next Monday at least, but most likely until my appointment with the peri on Wednesday. I will go back to see Dr. Sanders on Monday to see if things look worse but I think he wants to get the peri's opinion before proceeding with the cerclage. I have been surprisingly positive about everything so far but did let myself start to panic a little bit today. I love this little boy and want to do every thing in my power to help him stay put as long as possible. I can't lose him. So I will be gluing my behind to the couch and doing as little as possible cause it is all I can do along with hope and pray that in 23 weeks we will be holding a healthy, sweet little boy. We would appreciate any prayers that you can spare for this little boy! I'll update again when I know more!