Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Cooper!

Well this post is only a month late but I had to get a one year post on here for my baby!  I cannot believe my little Super Coop is one year old!!  He is growing up way too fast and most days he's one going on three.  He can't seem to act big enough and has to keep outdoing himself every chance he gets. 
I'll start with his stats. 
At his one year appointment Coop was 19 lbs and 30.5 inches tall.  He is in the 5th percentile for weight and 73rd for height.  He's tall and skinny like his big brother.  I wish I could figure out how to put some meat on  his bones! He is always moving so I don't know if I could get enough calories in him that would actually stay there. 
He has taken 4 steps but really seems to have no desire to actually walk. He can get where he wants faster when he's crawling. 
He is starting to talk and it's adorable!  He can say "no" and "no way" too well if you ask me.  He says momma very well also, and is constantly yelling for me whether it's from his crib after his nap or first thing in the morning, or from at my feet.  We have a game now where we'll take turns calling out to each other from across the room. He thinks he's hilarious! 
He can also say "dada" or "dad", "bop-bop" for grandpa (he used to say grandpa but my dad calls him bop-bop and now that's what he says every time he sees grandpa), "doggie", "more" (he also signs this one), "baby" (he calls the iPad baby), "bubbles", "stuck", "boo", and "ball". He also knows what the cow, kitty, doggie, monkey and sheep says.
He is starting to point at his, and other peoples', eyes, nose, mouth and ears. 
He has no fear and is going to cause me to go completely gray well before my time!  He will go head first off of anything, even out of your arms if he wants down.  He climbs on anything and will keep at something until he gets it.  He has started standing up in his high chair, even when we strap him in he still finds a way. 
He loves to play peek-a-boo.
He has the most adorable laugh and smile.
He gives the sweetest loves and kisses. 
He loves to take baths and can sense water.  If there is water on the ground he will find it and be soaked before I know what's going on.
He adores his big brother.  Even when big brother hits, pushes or scratches him.  He wants to do everything that Sawyer is doing and will throw a better tantrum than Sawyer if he doesn't get his way.  (Like I said... going on three).  One of my very favorite things is when they are playing nice and laughing at each other.  Hearing them giggle at each other is the most amazing sound ever! 
He is a momma's boy through and through.  Although lately it doesn't have to be momma holding him, as long as someone is.  Grandpa says this is my fault and that I spoil him but I swear I didn't try to.  I think I hold him to keep him out of trouble or keep him from hurting himself or getting hurt by big brother, and he just got used to it and now insists on it. Not sure how to fix that one! 
He loves to be outside.  He will throw a fit if you take him in before he's ready.  He'll try to eat anything also, unless it's actual food.  He loves to put rocks, dirt, sand, flowers, just about anything in his mouth and then smile and try to run (crawl quickly) from me when I come after him to get it out. 
Lately, when he does something he knows he's not supposed to he'll do it an then look at me, point his finger and say "no-no". 
His favorite foods are peaches, chicken nuggets, French fries, peas, corn, corn dogs, mac n cheese, pears, raspberries, and anything sweet. He refuses to drink straight milk so we are still mixing a little formula in his bottles along with the milk.  I am hoping in the next month to have him on milk and then off a bottle a month after that... we'll see. He loves his "ba-ba".  He also loves his "ba" (blanket) and won't sleep well unless it's in his bed.  Sure wish I would have seen that one coming, I would have bought a back up!
He is wearing some 6-9 month and some 12 month clothes, size 4 shoes (although he won't keep them on) and still in size 3 diapers.
I don't know what to do with this stinker but I don't know what I would do without him.  I love every little thing about him and am so happy that he is mine! 

Super Coop,

Happy Birthday little man!  I can't believe you are a year old already! I wish I could figure out how to slow time and enjoy you at every stage just a little bit longer.  You are such a strong-willed and determined little guy.  We have had so much fun watching you grow and learn.  You give me more anxiety than I think I can handle most of the time but then you flash me your adorable dimply smile and give me a hug and all is forgiven. 
You love your big brother and want to do everything he is doing.  Some days he doesn't like that very much but we know you two will grow to be the very best of friends and we hope you will always be there for each other no matter what. 
You have been such a blessing to our family.  We can't imagine our lives without you.  Your daddy and I pray every day that you will grow big and strong and will have all the things in life that you need.  I hope that you know and feel how much you are loved every minute of every day and that it is never a question.  You, your brother and your sister are the best things we ever did and we will love you every second of every day for the rest of eternity.  I hope you always know that. 
We are so proud to be your parents and you amaze us every day with how smart and strong you are!
You are destined to do amazing things little man and I am so excited to watch it all unfold.  I love you so much!
Love you always,
Mommy

















No comments: