Tuesday, February 15, 2011

29 Weeks

How far along:   29 Weeks!


Size of baby: At 29 weeks pregnant, your baby is almost 17 inches tall now (nearly as tall as he  will be at birth), and close to three pounds (a weight that will likely more than double — and may even come close to tripling — by delivery time). His wrinkled skin is smoothing out as more fat is deposited under the skin surface. This fat, called white fat, is different from the earlier brown fat that your developing fetus accumulated. Brown fat is necessary for body temperature regulation while white fat (the fat you have, Mom) actually serves as an energy source.  ** Sawyer is now much longer, and slightly heavier than Avery was at birth.  So I am guessing that my tummy right now, is about the size it was when I went into labor with her, maybe bigger.  I just can't believe it.**



Weight gain: 20 pounds.



Maternity clothes: Mostly. I can still get away with a few of my regular shirts!




Gender: BOY!!



Movement: Counting movements now and although he does move enough every day, some days it's less than others and I start to freak out.  I need to relax but at this point in my pregnancy I have accepted that relaxing is just not possible!



Sleep: I sleep okay but I wake up feeling like I took a beating... my whole body hurts! The pregnancy pillow has helped some but it took me a while to figure out how to maneuver around it.  Skeet appreciates the pillow cause he's got more room in bed now!



Symptoms: Back pain, feet and hands swelling, heartburn, headaches, braxton hicks, occasional cramping, gas, constipation, itchy skin... the list goes on and on but to be honest... I LOVE IT!!




Cravings: For a while now I have been craving Chinese food.  Skeet doesn't like it much but last night for Valentines I didn't want to go out but I didn't want to cook so he got me some Panda Express... it was delicious!




Best moment this week: My baby shower... it was amazing!  Better than I could have ever imagined!  As soon as I get pictures from my sister I will do a post all about it! Let me just say I have the best friends and family in the world!!




What I am looking forward to: Getting Sawyer's nursery put together and ready for him to use.  We have almost everything we need now and I just need to get it all organized and put away!  I know it's still early but I don't want to chance it not being ready, if he comes early or if I end up on bedrest (which I am not planning on either... just so you know).

1 comment:

Rae said...

Yay for 29 Weeks!!