Tuesday, December 21, 2010

21 Weeks!!

How far along: 21 weeks  - Holy cow! Can you believe it?? I can't!





Size of baby:  My baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long - the length of a carrot.  Sometimes it feels like he's practicing martial arts because his  initial fluttering movements have turned into full-fledged kicks and nudges. In other developments, my baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.



Weight gain: 10 pounds! Wow I am catching up fast! I think the weight gain needs to slow down a bit, but it doesn't help that I am on restricted activity still.




Maternity clothes: Definitely! Except for a few shirts. I still look like I am trying to wear a tent when I put on maternity shirts. I am sure I will be growing into them soon.




Gender: BOY!!  We've decided, for now, that his name is Sawyer.




Movement: I feel more and more every day. He is really active. Skeet tried to feel him move the other day but it seems that whenever we try to feel him, he stops moving.  Avery never moved this much and I know I took for granted when she did but I know she was in pain. It is such a huge relief to feel him move all the time!  Just a reminder that this little boy is healthy!



Sleep: Sleep is getting harder to come by with the body aches and the heartburn.  I could probably sleep all day if it weren't for those little issues!




Symptoms: Round ligament pains, heartburn, and constantly hungry!! I am starting to develop some sciatic pain as well... in my butt... not fun!  My back aches and I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions too but nothing to worry about.



Cravings: Everything! I normally love this time of year anyway but I am enjoying it too much this year!!  No wonder the heartburn has been so awful! I eat everything in sight!  Oh and how I love holiday parties... with all the different kinds of food and snacks!!  Maybe that is why the weight is coming on so fast!




Best moment this week: Hearing from Dr. S that my cervix looks long and closed and the pesky fluid pocket has shrunk.  I hope by next week it is gone!!




What I am looking forward to: Christmas!!  I love spending time with family and I haven't felt this happy in years! It is going to be a great year!  I can't wait until next year when we have a little boy to spoil!!

8 comments:

Kate Glenn said...

I got chills reading this post especially the part that said you haven't felt this happy in years......I am so happy for you....I love you Lou!!!!!!!!!!
Your Forever Friend
Kate

Lisa said...

It's so awesome to hear you say you haven't been this happy in years. Just wait until Sawyer arrives, the happiness that he will bring will be incredible. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Next Year, I'll be looking forward to a card with Sawyer on it.

The Schexnayders said...

Yea Candi! We are cheering for you and little Sawyer here in Philly. I am missing home so much right now and I feel sick that I will be missing Christmas with everyone. I hope we get to see you all soon.

Rae said...

Yay! Happy 21 Weeks! Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Inklings said...

I say a little prayer for you and your baby every time I come to your blog. Merry Christmas!

Heidi and Mike said...

I don't know if you remember me, but I went to school with your brother...I lived on 860 West...My best friend is Christine! I have cried with you...and felt your joy! You have endured so much. I'm so happy for you. It was good to hear you say that you're the happiest you've been in years. You deserve it. Can't wait to see your little guy. Merry Christmas!

Lindsay Logic said...

This seems to be going so fast! You will have him here before you know it. I'm glad that he is healthy and you're both doing well! Merry Christmas!

Love,
Shannon

Kate Glenn said...

I didn't realize you were 21 weeks on the 21st WOW i am observant lol!!!!