Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year

Hi! It's me again. I know my posts have been pretty boring lately and I apologize. So it's 2009 and I don't feel any different. I had hoped that maybe I would feel a weight lifted or something but no... notta! We spent New Years Eve with some close friends playing Wii. It was fun, we had a great time and I can't think of better people to bring in the New Year with! Thanks Matt, Carrie and Kadence for your hospitality and the good food!! And Nate, Lindsey and Morgan.... it's always good to see you and I hope it's not another year before we see you again!

School started again on Monday and I have quite the schedule. I will be taking 5 hours worth of class during the day each week and 3 hours at night. Plus I have a one credit class that I have been trying to complete on my own and it's not going as well as I had hoped. It has been crazy so far and it's only Tuesday! I mailed my application for the Radiology program in last week so hopefully I will find out in the next few weeks if all this work is going to pay off. Not only is school crazy right now but they moved the secretary out of my office at work and now I am all by myself. It has been crazy trying to keep up on everything by myself.

As far as our infertility journey is concerned we are still unsure of things as of right now. I think that I have lost hope and I need to get a better attitude before we really make any big decisions. I am just not sure how much more I can take. I have never wanted anything more in my life but I think I have accepted that it is out of my hands and I have no control over whether or not it is ever going to happen.

On a lighter note, I have a new calling at church and I LOVE IT! I am in Young Women's and I am the Secretary. I am still not entirely sure about what it is all about but I am really liking it so far. I love all the girls and the other leaders are so much fun. I just hope that I don't mess things up. I am not very outgoing so it makes me nervous week after week. Oh well, maybe that is why I was called, so I could get over myself!

Finally, if you are reading this will you say a quick prayer for Skeet and I that the things we are struggling this month will all work out? There is a lot of stuff going on right now and I won't bore you with the details just yet, but we could really use some extra prayers.

9 comments:

Christy said...

Sweet Candi, I would love to say a prayer for you. It's been so great getting to know you! You are a beautiful women and I'm glad that you're in Young Womens now so that we can get to know each other better. Hang in there, God loves you too!
Christy

Tina said...

Candi, I had the same calling in YW just before this presidency got put in. If you have any questions, I'm up for them. I might not be able to give you the answers but, it's worth a try. Keep your head up. Life hands us so many trials that I know sometimes you wonder if you can handle one more thing; but, you are strong and our Heavenly Father is always watching over us. He will guide you toward the path you need to take!

Unknown said...

My prayers are being sent up! I hope 2009 is a life changing year for you.

Liz Prisbrey said...

Hi Candace, I love reading your blog. You are always so honest with your feelings. We will definitely keep you and Skeet in our prayers.
Liz

Tonya said...

My sweet Candi, 2009 will open new doors for you and Skeet! I pray everything works out the way you want, but if it turns out to be dofferent than you expect, I pray for the Lord to give you the strength and peace of mind to accept what he has planned for you!! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, will certainly pray for you on all fronts: fertility, marriage, school, and of course the ever-present need for sanity with all of the above.

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I will definitely send extra prayers your way. Glad you are enjoying your new calling at church. Hope you sort out your feelings and can feel peaceful about your decisions concerning fertility.

theidahoklan said...

Candi,
Know that you and Skeet are in our prays here in Idaho. I think of you often and hope all the best for you.
Love, Amber

NEILANDSHALON said...

CANDI- I HAVE BEEN SUCH A BAD BLOGGER- I AM WAY BEHIND. I JUST HEARD THE AMAZING CHRISTMAS SONG ABOUT AVERY- I CANNOT STOP CRYING- IT WAS THE MOST PRECIOUS THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! YOU HAVE SUCH AN AMAZING FAMILY!! I MISS YOU TONS! IF YOU EVER GET A MINUTE- CAN WE PLEASE GET TOGETHER? I WOULD LOVE THAT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING YOU- YOU ALWAYS ARE SO STRONG AND TRUE TO YOURSELF- YOU ARE SO SPECIAL!! LOVE YOUR GUTS!!