Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Some pictures and stuff



Maddie & Kenny snowmobiling (don't worry they weren't really driving)



Jacie tuckered out after snowmobiling



Ayden and Uncle Skeet




Jacie decked out in her snow gear




Callie and her best bud Lexie




Callie after frolicking in the snow!






Christmas Eve- Skeet, Ayden and Jacie




Fixin' to go see Gary Allan! Yay!




Charise and I excited to see Gary



I think I was most excited!





She's such a good dog. She didn't even complain!


As for the other stuff... there's not a whole lot going on right now. School, church and work have been keeping me pretty busy. I had my first Human Physiology test last week and I feel like I did pretty well. I don't think I will find out until tomorrow.


We have been painting my living room and only have the built in entertainment center to go. I am so ready to have it done and to hang pictures and my shelf for Avery's quilt. I will post a picture when it's all done. I have a picture in my mind of what I want it to look like but I am not sure it will look that good. For the last almost 16 months I have been wanting to display the beautiful quilt that Avery's grandma Jeri Lu made in my living room for everyone to see. I want it to be a reminder to everyone that comes into our home that we have a very special daughter that we love and will never forget. My biggest fear has always been that people will forget her. I know I never will but I want others to know that. I want them to know that I have a daughter that I prayed for everyday for 3 years and even though I don't have her now, I survive every day only on the knowledge that she will always be ours.


Every month that passes without the promise of a new life I wonder what the meaning is. I know there must be a reason, but have a hard time believing that I chose all this pain. I know that I don't experience this pain alone. I know that my Savior experience a pain so much worse so that my pain would be lessened. So that I could survive the crushing pain in my heart every time I think of what could have been. I am so grateful to Him for that. I know that His love and sacrifice are the only reasons I am able to get out of bed everyday. What an amazing gift. I hope that you too will be able to be comforted by our Savior's love for us, no matter the trials you are faced with.












3 comments:

Jeremy & Chaundra Strickland said...

Love the pictures. Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family during the holidays. Our prayers are always with you and we love you so very much.

Mari Burgess said...

Your dog is so gorgeous! She looks like such a sweetheart. And your niece looks so much like you, the little blonde one thats in her gear. SO much like you!

Enoch Elementary said...

Can't wait to see Avery's quilt hung up; I remember how beautiful it is. Love you! Carrie