Sunday, March 9, 2008

Some Fun!

I had the most fun I have had in a long time this weekend. Last year my sister and I got tickets to see Rascal Flatts in concert. Our seats last year were not great but even so, we had a blast. This year when we saw that they were returning to Las Vegas we got tickets right away. The concert was yesterday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center and it was amazing! Our seats were much better this time, we were so close to the stage and the energy was great. We had so much fun, we didn't want it to end!! And... to those of you who are country fans and watch CMT you may want to keep an eye out for their new video because yours truely may be making her television debut! They were filming segments of the concert for their new video and I had a camera on me for quite some time. I am not saying it is for sure but wouldn't that be fun??
Anyway, Rascal Flatts have some songs that are very inspirational to me and I wanted to share some lines from one of them. If you have never heard them you should definately check them out!

My Wish
I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow
And each road leads you where you want to go
And if you’re faced with the choice and you have to choose
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you
And if one door opens to another door closed
I hope you keep on walkin’ ‘til you find the window
If it’s cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile
But more than anything, more than anything

Chorus
My wish for youIs that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you’re out there gettin’ where you’re gettin’ to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish

I hope you never look back but you never forget
All the ones who love you
And the place you left
I hope you always forgive and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get
Oh, you find God’s grace in every mistake
And always give more than you take
But more than anything, yeah more than anything.
Chorus


It is one of my many favorites that they sing, I have to warn you though... they are country. But they are still worth a listen. I used to dislike country music very much but I can't get enough of these guys! They are extremely talented
I will let you all know if I make the cut for the music video! ;)

4 comments:

Renay said...

Hey Candi! I'm so glad to hear about a fun time you had! I love RF and that is a very meaningful song to me too! I've ever been to one of their concerts-ok let's face it, I haven't been to any oncert since HS but it was a good one-the Clint Black and Wynonna (sp?) tour!!! Awesome! SO what if it was like 15 years ago;-) Hope you make it in the video!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and had fun. If anyone deserves some fun it's you.

Tonya said...

I just listened to this song, the tears are flowing!

I am so glad you had a good time Candi! I hope we'll be seeing you on the BIG SCREEN!! I'll be looking and even if you don't make it, you still have a huge fan sitting here ;)

The Case Family said...

Candi,

I just found your blog from CF husbands blog...I just read your whole blog top to bottom. I am truely amazed by you. Your words are very strong and profound. Thank you for sharing such intimate thoughts and experiences. I am humbled by you and I am learning from you. I have never struggled in ways that you have but I want you to know I am thankful I found your blog. By the way I love RF too!!!