Wednesday, May 16, 2012

22 weeks

This pregnancy is just flying by... just like everything else since Sawyer came along.  Things are going well though and I stress less and less every day.  My biggest worry is Sawyer and how he'll react to a new baby.  He is so spoiled right now.  Yes, I know it's my fault.  No, I don't care.  I love spoiling my little guy.  I love making him laugh and smile and watching him learn.  I hope that our new little guy (who we are thinking of naming Cooper) and Sawyer get along!!  I am so excited to have another snuggly little boy to love.  I'll try to remember to post a belly pic sometime this week!
But this was me at almost 19 weeks.  Don't look at my face, Skeet took it in the middle of me saying something and I look awful!



How far along:22 weeks.

How my baby is growing: At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.

Weight gain: 14 pounds.  It's coming on a lot faster this time around which really has me worried. Especially because I have been trying to eat better with this pregnancy and I am more active!

Maternity clothes: Yep.  However, I have invested in some regular maxi dresses and skirts and those are definitely my favorite things to wear!

Gender: Boy

Movement: He still doesn't seem to move as much as Sawyer did at this point but he is moving and kicking.  I wonder if he'll be a little more calm than his older brother.

Sleep: Can't get enough. Sawyer has been sleeping better but I still feel tired ALL THE TIME!!


Symptoms: Heartburn!! Like crazy!  I finally caved and called Dr. S for some stronger meds but even those aren't working great.  Lemon water helps as long as I don't eat anything else or bend over!

Cravings: I really don't have any cravings this time around. It seems strange to me.  I do have a lot of foods I can't or don't want to eat and they are mostly veggies and fruits so it's been hard to get the good stuff in me!! 

Best moment lately:Hearing the little nugget's heartbeat last week and knowing he's okay in there.  Also, confirming that he is a boy and deciding on a tentative name for him!

What I am looking forward to: More movement and seeing him in a couple of weeks.  Dr. S will be doing an ultrasound to check the length of my cervix to make sure it's holding up this time around so we'll get a sneak peek of our little cutie!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I love the belly picture! You are such a beautiful girl :)