Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pinterest



I don't know about you but I love Pinterest!  I don't have the time, energy or money to do anything that I find on that site but I love it anyway.  Someday I might be able to go back and do some crafts or make some of the goodies!  For Christmas for close friends this year I did some glass etching.  It was so much fun to see what I created turn out, and they looked good! Not that you can really tell by the pictures.  I just thought I'd share because I am so proud that I was able to do something, follow through with it, and have it actually look decent.  Doesn't happen often. 
The awesome thing is that I bought a Cricut Cake (used of course) and was able to use it to cut the vinyl I needed for this project.  I had so much fun trying out different styles and designs. 

I also attempted to decorate a 2 tier cake with fondant.  It was the first time I had ever made a 2 tier cake so I probably shouldn't have tried to decorate it too.  It turned out pretty awful but at least the cake tasted good. I hope to find time to use my Cricut cake (the first cake was free-handed and that is why I think it was awful) and get some practice so that I can make Sawyer's cake for his birthday. If I had time I would take a cake decorating class but I don't have much free time these days so if I can find an hour or two to practice here and there, that will have to be good enough.  I'd share a picture but I can't find one. 

One more thing I did find on Pinterest were"canvas" prints.  These are really just regular photo prints mod podged on to a piece of wood that has been painted.  I think they turned out great and was excited to give them to my parents for Christmas.  I am hoping to do it for a collage wall in my living room, if I ever get the time that is!

No comments: