Monday, February 27, 2012

10 Months Old

My little cutie is 10 months old today.  How the time has flown. I can't believe that in two short months we will be celebrating his first birthday!  It blows me away.  Even after 10 months I'll look at him, or go in to pick him up after a nap and I still get teary eyed and can't believe that he is mine.  That I am his mom!  He is just so amazing and the joy he brings to Skeet's and my life is just unmeasurable.  It makes me sad to think of our lives without him and then I am so grateful for everything and everyone that made him possible. 

Sawyer is turning into a little comedian.  He loves it when he can make us laugh.  Whether it's pulling a funny face, or dancing to any song that might be playing, if we laugh he laughs and then does it again.  He is such a tough boy too.  He rarely cries when he falls and if he does cry it's only for a second.  He got his first real boo boo this weekend when he misjudged the distance to grandma's coffee table and fell and hit his head on the sharp corner.  He had a little goose egg and red spot but recovered quickly. 

He has officially begun crawling and it is so fun to watch him explore.  He still prefers to walk while holding on to any one's hands but will crawl if that's his only option.  Skeet and I both love to watch him learn.  You can almost see his brain working and figuring stuff out. 

We try new foods all the time and he is getting a lot more grown-up food these days.  Recently he has had some chicken noodle soup or the carrots, potatoes, green beans, noodles and even a little chicken out of the soup.  He has had peaches, pears, pineapple and blueberries all of which he loved.  I'm not sure if he tried french toast before this last month (I can't remember) but he loves it when daddy makes breakfast because he always gets some.  He has also started to love scrambled eggs.  We gave him spaghetti and meat sauce the other night and I think once he figures out those noodles, he'll love it too.  We did figure out that he really doesn't like green baby food.  We've tried to get him to eat peas and green beans a few times and he gags and spits them out so we just mainly give him anything else.  Well lately his skin has been taking on a little bit of an orangish tone.  I am having jaundice flashbacks!!  It's nothing serious and it will go away as his tastes expand but I was pretty disappointed with myself for letting my baby turn orange! 

He is also only nursing at night and first thing in the morning now.  Getting him to take bottles from me was difficult at first but he is getting a lot better. I think it confuses him a little that I will nurse him sometimes and then make him take a bottle others.  I would be nursing more but pregnancy has made my milk supply all but dry up.  I even supplement a bottle at his last feeding because I am not sure how much milk he's actually getting from me.  I think it's more for comfort than anything else. 

He's still growing but it has slowed quite a bit.  He's still in 12 month clothes and is now in size 4 diapers.  I don't know when he'll need 18 month clothes but he has NONE so I might need to do a little shopping soon!  Yay!!

When we bought his carseat we went for safety and then we took into account the fact that we wanted it to last until he was a year or more so we got a seat with a 35 pound weight limit.  I didn't even think to look for height limits and Sawyer has officially reached the 30 inch height limit for his infant carrier so I recently bought him a convertible car seat.  We haven't tried it out yet but I think he'll love it because he'll be able to see out of the windows better and see what is going on.  He gets so bored in the car that he has taken to kicking the little mirror I have set up so that I can see him while I am driving. 

Sawyer is getting very vocal. He loves talking to daddy and telling him stories in his own baby language.  Some days I think he loves to hear himself and will make the same noise over and over and then laugh.  He tries really hard to say "uh oh" but can't quite get the "oh" part.  I think he'll have it soon.  I have heard him say both momma and dadda but he only does it when he's upset. 

Well I am sure I have gone on enough about our handsome, sweet little man so I'll share some pictures.  I have to say again how lucky I am to be his mom. I love how much he loves me too.  He is such a cuddler and loves to give me kisses.  I will be so sad when he decides he's too old for that. 



Stink bug sleeping




Loves having Daddy read to him.

Daddy reading the Tickle Moster book

Standing in his crib for the first time

Wiping mommy's face



Cruisin naked in the walker



Just hangin' out at Costco