Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sawyer's First Christmas

This year Christmas was magical!  Of course, at 8 months old Sawyer didn't know what was going on.  He loved the tree and always wanted to touch the "pine needles" (yes our tree is fake). He wanted to pat the gifts but had no interest in opening them.  He laughed when momma sang him Christmas carols but just the same as he does when she sings "Old McDonald" or "Isty Bitsy Spider".  The magic this year was for mom and dad.  On Christmas morning we set our greatest gift ever under the tree and for a moment we were speechless.  No words can describe the amazing feeling of joy that I had when I looked at my Christmas gift (who cares if he came 8 months early).  We feel so very blessed to have such beautiful children; one watching over us from Heaven and one that we cherish every moment with! 

Sawyer was spoiled, of course, even though he had no idea what was going on and loved the boxes more than the toys.  We actually have a few toys that we haven't taken out of the boxes yet because we don't want to overwhelm him!!  We are so grateful to our family and friends for thinking of him and spoiling him along with us! 

I got a new camera for Christmas and took a ton of pictures but wish I could have gotten more.  I also, didn't get one of the three of us together which makes me a little upset with myself!  It was our best Christmas yet and I know they are only going to get better as he gets older. 



Jacie, strking a pose

Grandpa's new hat

Getting loves from Grandma












Playing with tree ornaments! 

Click on this one to see it big.  We've discovered that he LOVES rootbeer!

Some of the pictures don't look that great, it's not the camera's fault... it's the user. I am still learning and trying to take photos on manual setting.  I definitely need a lens for indoor pictures!

It was an amazing Christmas and we were sad that it came and went so quickly!  We hope that everyone out there had a great Christmas as well and we wish you all a very Happy New Year! 



No comments: