Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Oh Yay!

So a few people have suggested that I use Firefox to access my blog and although I still get an error page it looks like I can still post!! Yay for Firefox!  So I just have to do a post about how big my boy is!! We went to see Dr. N this week because of a stuffy nose and some red bumps on Mr. Sawyer's legs.  Turns out he just has some boogers that I have to suck out twice a day and a heat rash on his legs.  The big news is that my "little" man now weighs 12 pounds 1 ounce.  I cannot believe it!  He is getting so big!  The infant support in his car seat says to use only until 11 pounds so I took the bottom part out this morning.  I still feel like he needs the head support so that is going to stay for a few more weeks.  They didn't measure his height but Dr. N commented on how long he was.  He really is so tall.  I wish he would stop growing so fast but it really is fun to see him change and see his personality come out even more.  I can't say enough how in love I am with my son.  Being a mom is better than I ever imagined!!  I feel so incredibly lucky to have been given such a sweet little guy!


He is starting to smile and it is the cutest thing ever! He has been wanting to smile for a while now but he kept getting smiling and sticking out his tongue confused.  So when you would talk to him and play with him he'd get all excited and keep sticking out his tongue.  Now it is a combination of both.  He will still stick out his tongue but the corners of his mouth go up too.  I spend most of my day trying to get those cute smiles out of him because he is still pretty stingy with them. His daddy is pretty excited for when he starts smiling on a regular basis.  Skeet can hardly wait for him to be big enough to play with.


Speaking of Skeet, he had a pretty sucky Father's Day.  Only cause he had to work all day.  Sawyer and I took him some lunch at work though and then we went to Skeet's sister's (and my brother's) house for tacos.  Skeet is such an awesome daddy.  Sawyer adores him too.  If he is awake when Skeet gets home he will just stare at Skeet while he is holding him.  He also loves it when his daddy is home to help with bath time.  When it's just me he cries most of the time but when Skeet is there he barely makes a peep, except when we get him out of the bath of course.  Skeet is such a huge help to me too.  When he has a day off (which isn't much these days) he will take Sawyer in the mornings so that I can get a few extra hours of uninterrupted sleep.  Those few hours make a huge difference!  Sawyer, Avery and I are so lucky to have Skeet.  I always knew he would be an amazing dad but he is going above and beyond what I ever expected and I am so grateful for him.  I know he will always be his little boy's hero! 

My return to work is getting ever closer and I am dreading the day when I have to drop my little man off at his awesome babysitter's house and not see him again for almost 10 hours.  (8 hour work day plus lunch and travel time).  I cry every time I think about it.  I don't know how working moms do it and keep their sanity.  I feel like it's the end of the world.  I don't want someone else spending most of my sweet little boys' waking hours with him.  Don't get me wrong. I am so thankful to have a job and I love everyone I work with but now that I have Sawyer, he is my top priority and if we could get by I would stay home with him in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately, we did InVitro and are still paying it off so I will be working a few more years until it is paid off.  I don't regret doing the In Vitro but I do regret not figuring out a better way to pay for it, and I regret buying the Tahoe just months before we knew we were going to have to do the In Vitro.  If we didn't have the car payment, we would be much further ahead with the IVF debt. 

Enough of my sob story though, I know there are so many out there who have had to leave their precious little ones in someone else care and they survived... I just want to know how!! 





No comments: