Friday, December 18, 2009

The Latest

I was able to go in and talk to Dr. S yesterday about the surgery and some other things I needed to discuss with him. Earlier in the day his billing lady called and let me know that they did find a billing code for the diathermy and that as long as the insurance didn't request my records and see that I have been doing fertility treatments... they would probably cover the surgery. If they didn't however, I would have to pay $1000 to Dr. S and then the hospital charges which could probably be close to $6000 with everything. It's going to be a tough decision... do we take our chances, do the surgery, and hope that our insurance doesn't try to check up on why we are doing the surgery? Or do we wait until we have enough saved up to pay for the surgery out of pocket and if the insurance does pay then we will have that $7000 to put towards IVF??

I am having a test done on Monday to check to see if my gallbladder needs to come out. If it does then they might be able to do the surgeries at the same time and save me some costs if I do end up having to pay out of pocket. My only problem with that option is the time I will have to take off of work and school for the surgery. I don't really want to wait until May when I finish classes and things are slow at the office, but I also don't know how I feel about taking a week to ten days off of work and school to recover from surgery. Things aren't really falling into place, but I don't think I really expected them to. I did want answers and I do feel like I was able to get some. I just want a baby so bad. This time of year only makes that heartache worse, especially when I add it to the sadness of "celebrating" another Christmas without Avery.

She would be so much fun this year... starting to get an idea of what Christmas is all about. Running around with her cousins, making too much noise and having fun. Sometimes I close my eyes and try to picture it... her with her dark hair, running around with Ayden and Jacie, taking turns chasing each other. It would be such a great feeling to have a child participating in the fun. My greatest wish is that next year at Christmas, Skeet and I will have a child there to hold, to make plans for, and to share our love with. It would be an amazing feeling.

I am finished with my shopping and my wrapping, and I am ready for the day to come and go. I know my attitude is awful but I get to the point sometimes where I wonder if I can do it at all. I am not sure if I will get time to do another post before Christmas, so if I don't I just want to wish everyone out there a Very Merry Christmas. I hope that you are all able to spend time with your families and that you feel the true spirit of the season.

4 comments:

Tonya said...

How would the doctors bill the insurance? That is going to tell you if you can risk it. Find out how they will code the surgery.

Amy Jo said...

I know you don't want to take time off work, but the gall bladder surgery combo sounds good to me. And if they do it lapriscopically, you'll be up and about in no time. I just had a total hysterectomy that way and I was feeling great after a couple of days. Keep your spirtits up. I'm certain things will work out. I know that the waiting is the hardest part. I hope you have a lovely holiday season with Skeet and your family.

Jenell said...

I'm always checking your blog for updates and continue to keep you in my prayers. I can't wait for the day that you are holding your baby in your arms...don't give up hope. With God, all things are possible. I truly want that for you SO bad!
Jenell (BBC)

Lisa said...

Candi - Oh I hope that your insurance will cover the surgery if they code it differently. I think I might opt to have both surgieries at the same time despite having to be out of work to recover. I wish you a Merry Christmas and I hope and pray that by next Christmas you will be holding your baby in your arms.