Friday, March 6, 2009

Much needed break

I have about had it! I am getting so burnt out on school and work, and I think I am at the end of my ... well everything actually. Luckily Skeet and I are getting away this weekend. No where exciting, just Vegas, where we have been many, many times before. I wish we were going somewhere warm with a beach but I can't take time off of school or work so I will have to settle for Vegas, only 2.5 hours down the road. We are going to stay 2 nights, see a show, and hopefully catch up on some much needed sleep. My days are so full lately that they fly by and I find I don't have time for the important things anymore. I only get to see my parents and siblings on weekends anymore. Skeet and I only spend time together when we are working out or he is prepping me for yet another test. My house is a disaster because I only have time to get things out... not to put away. I just need to escape from reality for a couple of days, just to regroup.

So we are off today, as soon as I get off of work. Skeet will be dropping Callie off at the Buhler's (thanks Carrie, Matt, Kadence & Lexi) and will pick me up and we will be on the road. Every time we leave town I feel a little sad. I think about how these little getaways could be as a little family of 3. We could be watching our daughter experience new things and enjoying our time as a family. I have learned to push most of those thoughts aside because those images really make me sad. I know we will have our experiences with Avery someday but it can't be today so I need to make the best of what we do have... each other. I am thankful for that. For now... I will enjoy today and look forward to someday...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds fun! I'm sure you'll come back feeling fresh as a daisy!

Mandy said...

Praying that you have a good time in Vegas and it will be the much needed refresher that you need. HAVE A GOOD TIME!!