Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Avery's Headstone






Here it is... I am very pleased with the way it turned out. It was definitely worth the wait! The first photo shows the wreath I made to mark her site until the headstone was finished. I could take it down now...but I really don't want to! :) And of course I had to have the daisies because they are my favorite flower.
Here is something you might not know, when we were making her burial arrangements and it was time to pick out a casket (I had been dreading it), we walked into the room to look at the only infant casket they had in stock and I took one look and knew it was perfect. I didn't know the price all I knew is that it was the perfect casket for my little girl, do you know why?... It had daisies on it! It was beautiful, white and it had daisies carved into both the top and the sides. I found out after that it even came with daisy seeds for me to plant in memory of her as well as a small bear named Daisy that she was buried with. The Lord must have known that I was unable to handle the stress of picking out the box in which my beautiful daughter would be buried so He made it very easy for me.

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Candi,

It is beautiful!! OMG! What a beautiful place Avery has. Your story about the casket has given me chills. Our Lord does know when we have had enough, so he does make it easy!

Thank you for sharing these moments with us!! Avery is a special little girl who is deeply loved by many!! Me included!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I pray that God continues to comfort and heal your heart. I can't imagine being in your shoes. Your little girl was so precious. I know that she is looking down from heaven today!

Ashley
Baton Rouge, LA

Michelle said...

Hi Candi,

I found your link over at Nate and Tricia's site a few days ago. I just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time in your life. Your spirit is so strong, and your daughter is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Love and blessings,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh Candi, it looks beautiful, you must be really pleased. It looks so peaceful and a place of warmth.

Thinking of you lots.

Clare xx

Jennifer said...

Really beautiful. I love the verse on the back! It's a lovely, enduring tribute to your precious baby girl.

Anonymous said...

Miss Candi, it is beautiful!! The wording on the back is just perfect.