Monday, September 29, 2014

Flying Time

Another few months have passed and I am just getting to an update.  At this point this blog is for me to write down things I don't want to forget. I have a terrible memory and I want so badly to remember these precious times with my babies! 
Both of my boys are growing up so fast and are so dang smart I can barely believe it!  I'll start with Mr. Sawyer.


Sawyer is now almost three and a half years old and started preschool on September 4th. He LOVES school! He loves his teacher, Mrs. Woolsey, and he loves the kids he goes to school with. He is big for his age.  He's wearing mostly 4T clothes and size 10 shoes. He is finally potty trained with the exception of pull-ups at night and during naptime. He still loves to color, draw and paint. He loves books and has begun reciting books to his dad, brother and I from memory. He loves to play in the sand box, play hide and seek, have showers, help with just about everything-especially cooking. He loves going to the park and on adventures.  He loves animals but we are working with him on how to treat animals nicely. He has decided that his brother is his buddy, for the most part.  They now share a room at night and one of Skeet and I's favorite things is to listen to them talk and play after we turn out the lights.
He still has some problems with jealousy and is often mean to his brother. Usually it just takes a quick time out and some reassuring cuddles and he's back to his friendly, happy self.
Recently he's started talking in what I like to call his "possessed" voice.  I can't explain it but he'll be talking normal and then change to a  voice that honestly creeps me out a bit.  He can identify almost any smell, loves watching Phineas and Ferb (which he calls Plerry the Platapus), Mickey Mouse, Team Umizoomi, and most of the Leap Frog videos.
He will eat just about everything but loves anything that isn't good for him.  It's a constant struggle. Everything he likes is his "favorite" and all of his friends are either his best buddies or his best cousin.
He is very excited about Halloween and right now, wants to be a dog.


Cooper just turned two and is one of the funniest kids I know.  Not to mention incredibly smart.  He impressed the doctor at his two year well child checkup with his vocabulary. He speaks so well for  a two year old. We can easily understand what he wants and have conversations with him. He's got a quick whit and is really stubborn.  He loves tractors, trains, trucks and his blankies. If the moon isn't full, he says it's broken.  When we pass by any kind of tractor he will say "hey guys, look at the tractors". Anytime I call him a stinker, twerp, goofy, silly, stinky, crazy, or pretty much anything but cute, he tells me "I'm not ...., I'm cute Cooper!".  He knows what he wants and what he doesn't.  When he doesn't want something he will say he doesn't want it anymore.  He's so picky about what he eats and drinks. He hates to get his hands dirty. He has begun to show interest in potty training already and has actually gone on the potty twice voluntarily.  He loves Mickey Mouse "Clubclouse", Letter Factory, Team Umizoomi, Elmo and Dora. He is so independent but such a lovey, cuddly little guy.  He is tall and in the 72nd percentile but only 26th for weight. Still in 18 month clothes but getting close to moving up a size.
He loves the park, loves to ride bikes, will only eat French fries, chicken nuggets, fish sticks and corn dogs. Luckily he loves most fruit and garden tomatoes so at least we have that!  We adore him and his personality.  He is the most difficult kid to discipline.  Plus, because he's so hard headed, most disciplines don't even phase him. 


I just began the Masters of Accountancy program this semester and I don't really feel like myself most days but I try to enjoy every second I get to spend with my boys. I know my days at home with them are numbered and I want to soak in every second of it.  They bring me more joy than I ever imagined was possible.  They both give amazing hugs and they are so good at cuddling.  When they both sit on my lap to read or just watch a show my heart swells with love. I just hope that no matter what, they always know how much they are loved, wanted, cherished.  They are my life and I am so grateful to be their mom. I am so very blessed and I don't want to take a moment of it for granted. Which is much harder said than done with as busy as I've been.


I still miss Avery every day and this time of year is especially hard with her seventh birthday coming up. I can't believe she would be in first grade this year.  I can't believe all we've missed. I just hope she knows how much I love and miss her.

No comments: