Wednesday, April 4, 2012

16 weeks

I am 16 weeks today. This pregnancy is really flying by but some days seems to be taking forever!  Weird, I know.  I can't make up my mind.  The distraction of my adorable little man really helps though.  He is so funny these days and is picking up on things so quickly.  I am going to have to do a post just about him and his antics in the next couple of days because there is a lot to tell!  Most days I still can't believe I am pregnant.  You'd think that 16 weeks into it, it would have sunk in by now but it really hasn't.  Maybe because I don't have time to think about it much but when I do think about it-it seems so unreal.  The thought of having another baby in the house in just 5-6 months, well that just seems impossible. Maybe it's because I am still having a hard time believing that Sawyer is really mine.  I guess one day it will hit me.. maybe...

As for our new little nugget here is our monthly update...

How far along:16 weeks.

How my baby is growing: Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

Weight gain: 10 pounds (I am officially at the weight I was at when I got pregnant with Sawyer, it's coming on way too fast!).


Maternity clothes: I am fitting in more and more of them each day.  I don't really have any for summer so I need to figure something out soon!

Gender: Probably a boy, but I am not convinced.

Movement: I am feeling the occasional flutter, but not enough to calm my nerves.  Whenever I start to freak out about it I just play with Sawyer, it really helps me not think about how crazy I can get!

Sleep: Can't get enough.  Sawyer has been sleeping better but I still feel tired ALL THE TIME!!


Symptoms: The morning sickness is pretty much gone.  Now I am dealing with heartburn and some other random stomach issues.  My tailbone is also giving me problems.  It's not constant though so I am not sure what is going on there.  Mostly I am just tired!

Cravings: I really don't have any cravings this time around.  I do enjoy the occasional fruity/slushy drink and I am trying to get as much chocolate as I can because I may have to give it up again when the baby comes, but other than that, no major cravings.  I still HATE cooked carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, I can't chew sugarless gum for more than a few minutes at a time and beef hasn't been my friend this pregnancy.

Best moment lately:Seeing our little nugget last week and seeing how long "his" legs are!!  I am a  little more confident now that this nugget probably doesn't have OI type II. 

What I am looking forward to: Our anatomy ultrasound in a couple of weeks.  To confirm whether or not this nugget is in fact a boy, and to confirm that "he" is healthy and growing like he should be.

2 comments:

Greetings from Texas! said...

Just randomly discovered your blog. Sawyer is adorable! Best of luck to you in your pregnancy!
www.greetingsfromtx.com

Lightning Strikes said...

I'm sure excited for you guys and your new little addition!! Sawyer is such a cutie I can't even imagine how cute the new one will be!!! I just wish I lived close so I could see them both!! :)