Tuesday, March 27, 2012

11 Months

Yep, you read it right!  My sweet, adorable little boy is 11 months old today.  I cannot believe it.  I think I say it every month but the time has totally flown by!!  The fact that we will be celebrating his first birthday in just one month really freaks me out!  It was a year ago that I was just about thinking "any time now buddy".  I think I waited until he only had 3 weeks left but still... it couldn't have been a year ago.  It seems like it was only a couple of months ago!!  I am so afraid that having 2 will make the time pass even faster.  That really scares me! 

We didn't think it was possible but we love Sawyer more today than we did yesterday!  He gets us over and over again with every smile and belly laugh.  He has turned into quite the comedian and is always making us laugh and smile too!  We will admit that we spoil the crap out of the kid but if you knew him you wouldn't be able to resist him either.  He is the best baby!  The sweetest, cuddliest little boy and he pulls the cutest, funniest faces.  Skeet and I are both scared to see what this next baby will be like because we have had it oh-so-easy with Sawyer.  We cannot be lucky enough to get a perfect baby twice in a row!  Now, he doesn't sleep through the night every night and of course he throws a tantrum or two occasionally but seriously, overall he is the best baby and people who have been around him would have to agree. 

Sawyer is completely weaned.  It was both easy and hard.  He only missed it for like a day and then he was over it.  It was harder on me.  Although it's been nice to have a break.  His teeth were starting to get too involved in the sucking process and it was starting to get painful.  Plus, I know I will be starting all over again in about 5 months so the break is nice. 
He is eating solids like a champ and tries new stuff every day.  He loves to feed himself but sometimes it can take a very long time for him to finish a meal because he has discovered that he likes to play with his food in between bites.  Sometimes Skeet and I get a little impatient and have to feed him to get him to finish his food.  We love watching him play with his food though.  He takes so much joy in it so we don't discourage it.  Maybe we should but we love watching him learn and have fun.  He has started dropping pieces of food on the floor and thinks it is hilarious when Callie rushes over to clean it up.  It's nice to have an instant vacuum cleaner around the house!

Sawyer is 21 pounds and around 31 or 32 inches (he's also very wiggly which makes it hard to measure him)  He is still in 12 month clothes but some he is starting to get too tall for.  He's also starting to grow into his size 4 diapers. 

Skeet and I both have thick hair that grows crazy fast and Sawyer has inherited that from us.  He needs a haircut every 2-3 weeks but to save money I try to make it 4-5 weeks between cuts.  I need to learn to do it myself but like I said, the kid is wiggly!! 

He is all over the place now.  He can crawl pretty dang fast and you have to watch him closely and keep the floors extremely clean because he will find the only thing on the floor that will fit in his mouth and that's the first place it goes!  Especially if you forget to put Callie's food up.  He somehow knows and will head straight for the dog dish.
He pulls himself up on everything and is getting more and more daring about letting go.  He won't stand long but I am not worried, I am not in a hurry for him to walk - AT ALL! We still let him play in his walker a lot though and he loves to chase us and Callie all over the house.  We play hide and seek with him and we love to hear him squeal with delight we we jump out and say "BOO!" . 

Sawyer is talking up a storm these days.  He talks so matter of fact too, like we should know exactly what he is saying and answer him at the appropriate times.  Every once and a while we swear he says something coherent but then we can never get him to repeat it.  We both agree that his first word (other than mamma and dadda, which he says a lot these days) will be either Callie or doggie.  He adores her and she tolerates him very well.  I think she is even becoming very protective of him.

He also has the moves, this little man loves to dance!!  He'll dance to anything too.  His toys that play music, the any music playing on TV shows, anything coming out of mom's iPod, mom singing to him and even just the music in his head.

He still loves bath time and has started to stick his face in the water.  The other night he tried to drink it and ended up in a coughing fit but it's fun to see him try new things without us showing him first.

Sawyer has no fear.  He will dive head first off of anything so we have to have a hand on him any time he's on the bed, couch or even in our arms.   This makes me a little crazy because his head is too cute and I'd hate for him to break it, or even bruise it for that matter. 

He now has 6 teeth and I swear there are 4 more that can't decide whether or not they want to come in. 

I am in awe of how big and smart he is getting.  He amazes us every day and every day we are more and more grateful that he is part of our family.  We just can't get enough of him!

Here are some cute pictures of our cute boy... enjoy!


This dinosaur is meant for balls but he thinks every toy he owns needs to get bounced around in it.



First grass experience, not sure what to think.


Crawls through everything instead of going around



Loves the laptop already, we're in trouble.

This was so cute, he grabbed his puppy off the couch as he cruised by and took him on a ride.



Dad getting him started on the Dew already... I tried to stop it.


Cheese!!




Watching Callie

Getting into Callie's food.

Love this smile!!!




1 comment:

Lindsay Logic said...

He is so cute. I can see a little Skeet in him right now- before I thought he looked more like you. :)