Tuesday, March 22, 2011

34 Weeks!!

How far along: 34 Weeks! I am so glad we have made it to this point!! 






Size of baby: Your baby could be as tall as 20 inches  right now and about five pounds.





Weight gain: Ugh... 27 pounds!!





Maternity clothes:  If I didn't have only 6 weeks left I might be shopping for a bigger size in maternity clothes.  I don't think it's worth it though at this point so I am trying to make do with what I have!!  Surprisingly, I still fit in some of my regular shirts!




Gender: BOY!!





Movement: My entire family has been enjoying watching my belly dance around on it's own!  He moves a lot and is getting so strong!!  I seriously love every second of it and wish that I could somehow remember that feeling forever. 





Sleep: It is getting harder and harder to sleep through the night but I am sure my body is just preparing me for what is to come.  I can't get comfortable and have been starting to get up 2 or 3 times a night to pee.  I have been lucky most of this pregnancy because I have been able to go most nights without getting up but I think with him getting so big, and maybe dropping or starting to, my bladder just can't handle the pressure.




Symptoms: Back pain, feet and hands swelling, heartburn, headaches, braxton hicks, occasional cramping, gas, constipation, itchy skin, acne (bad acne), ... the list goes on and on but to be honest... I LOVE IT!!





Cravings: I still love everything for the most part!  Broccoli has not been my friend this pregnancy but I force myself to eat it occasionally, just for Sawyer's sake.  I crave anything and everything sweet and then occasionally I will crave a salad or something healthy... but not very often!!   No wonder I have gained as much as I have!





Best moment this week: I attended my first childbirth class, that was easier than I thought but then again I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know from past experience.  Also, I was able to see my little monkey during our ultrasound and let me tell you, he is a cutie!  Unfortunately he didn't cooperate so we didn't get face shots.  My sister would agree though, he's gonna be a handsome little guy!  The best news was that he is healthy and growing very well... maybe too well! ;)




What I am looking forward to: Childbirth class #2 and we have an appt. with Dr. S on Thursday.  I am so happy that we have made it to 34 weeks and so from now on, we can deliver in Cedar, hopefully with Dr. S.  I know that if Sawyer came now he would probably have to stay in the hospital for a week or two but he would most likely be just fine.  I don't see that happening though. I think this little boy is going to surprise us all and stay put for a few more weeks.  As excited as I am to finally meet our miracle, I am not in a hurry for him to arrive.  I would like him to be fully cooked, and I want to cherish what I have left of this pregnancy, because I know I will miss it when it's over.  It will be so bittersweet because I will be so happy that I am finally holding my baby but I will miss that special bond that only I have with him. We tried for so long to get pregnant and it went by so fast!!  I think Skeet is starting to realize how close it all is to happening and he is starting to panic a little bit too!  I can't believe our lives will be permanently changed in just a few short weeks!!

4 comments:

Kate Glenn said...

Oh Candi I teared up a little bit over this post...probably because I only remember Preston moving every time I get really bad gas lol and I know it sounds funny but that is the way it feels when I get gas it feels the same...and probably because I just realized in 2 weeks my chances of being a mommy are probably going to be gone. I know I had made the decision I wasn't going to have any more babies but after reading your post the reality just hit me like a ton of bricks. I am so blessed to have Preston and thankful that i choose to have him young. Anyway didn't mean to turn this comment into a comment about me sorry. I love you and I am proud of you and I CAN'T wait to meet my new little adopted nephew!!!!
Love you Kate

Rae said...

I am soooo excited for you! I got chills when I saw your post. I can't believe you're already 34 weeks! It did go fast! :) I am so glad that things are going so well. I can't wait to see pictures of your handsome little guy...but of course I can wait until he is fully cooked. :)

Mandy said...

Yeah for 34 weeks! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I am beyond happy for you and Skeet! Love and Hugs from your stranger friend!