Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Recovery

Well it was a long day yesterday but I am home and healing nicely, or at least I think so.  The pain isn't too bad as long as I don't move.  I have 6 incisions all around my abdomen and of course my shoulder is killing me from the gas that they blew me up with for surgery. 
The gallbladder sugery went very smoothly and so did the other two. Dr. S found only 2 small spots of endometriosis and a large cyst growing on one of my ovaries (I am sure he told me which one but I don't remember now... I was so out of it).  He said the diathermy went well, he did 4 punctures but had to cauterize a little longer than he normally would have because of how swollen my ovaries are from the PCOS. I am going to have Dr. S send the results to Dr. D just so that he can see for himself that endometriosis has nothing to do with my egg quality.  There was one tiny spot on one ovary and the rest was further from the ovaries and closer to the uterus.  Also, my remainig tube looked healthy. 
I won't know for a couple of months if the diathermy will work and won't know how not having a gallbladder will effect me for another couple of weeks.  From the looks of it though I am pretty sure I will be much better in a few days.  I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers, I am so lucky to have such an amazing support system. 
Well I am drugged up on some heavy stuff and am sure I have 20+ spelling mistakes so I will be going now.  Thank you again for everyone that is cheering us on!  Love you!!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I am glad that the surgeries went well and that you are home resting. After I had my gall bladder out I felt soooo much better. I hope you feel better too.

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I'm so glad you are doing alright. Keep taking those pain meds. and let's see what these surgeries will do for you in the long run! I'm hopeful for you. =)

The Schexnayders said...

Im glad your surgery went well and that you are resting (and on good pain meds too boot!)

I tried calling you yesterday... are you screening your calls again? :-)

Love you sis and get well soon!

Inklings said...

I was so glad to get my gall bladder out, felt tons better. Good luck and I hope you get feeling better!

Jennifer said...

Still praying for you Candi, Glad your surgeries are over!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear everything went well. *hugs*

Kenzie said...

Hey Candi you are so tough! I can't believe all you have been through. I hope things work out perfect for you. You deserve it! Feel better:)

Rebecca Henrie said...

Hi Candi! I'm so glad the surgery went smoothly. I'll be praying that you recover quickly and that your body heals up and is better than ever! Love ya